Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Grilled Garlic Flat Bread

Sometime earlier this month, Aaron said that whenever I make fancy things or fun new things, I make stuff that I like (which generally means lots of goat cheese). So I said I would make him a dinner filled with stuff that he really likes. And it turned out pretty well, I think. I was inspired by Kirsten, who showed me a collection of three ingredient summer recipes from Real Simple magazine. This is part one of the appetizers, which is of course modified.

Grilled Garlic Flat Bread modified from Grilled Flat Bread with Thyme from Real Simple:

Serves 2-3

¼ pizza dough recipe
3 garlic cloves, chopped
3 Tb. plus 1 tsp. olive oil, divided
¼ tsp. sea salt
¼ tsp. cracked black pepper

Mix together 3 tablespoons of the olive oil with the garlic, sea, and pepper. Set aside.


Coat pizza dough with 1 teaspoon olive oil and shape into an oval. Grill over medium heat until puffed, cooked through, and slightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board, brush with the garlic mixture, and cut into pieces.

It's crunchy, garlicky, and delicious. It's a fairly fast appetizer and you can dress it up in so many different ways using so many different herbs. I love a versatile dish and I will be playing with this one even after grilling weather has past.

1 comment:

nicolle said...

oh yes! i must make this asap. yum

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...