Monday, August 09, 2010

Oven Roasted Broccoli

My wedding anniversary was this past Wednesday. While pouring over recipes to make sure Aaron and I had a very special meal, I came across this, which seems ordinary, but with everything else we eventually had planned, so perfect. Aaron and I are big broccoli lovers, so broccoli as a side for a very special anniversary dinner seemed to be just right. Unfortunately, with all of those other things going on, it didn't end up being just right, but there's hope for next time! I didn't really measure for this one, but the original does has measurements.

Oven-Roasted Broccoli from Honey & Jam:

Serves 2

1 broccoli crown, cut into florets
Olive oil
5 garlic cloves, minced
Large pinch of dried crushed red pepper



Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Toss broccoli and oil in large bowl to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Transfer to baking sheet. Roast 15 minutes. Stir more olive oil, garlic, and red pepper in small bowl. Drizzle garlic mixture over broccoli; toss to coat. Roast until broccoli is beginning to brown, about 8 minutes longer. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.

Do not, as in my case, let the oven beep too much because you're doing five other things, and let the broccoli burn. I also think they were in there too long anyway. And then get smoke in your eyes and rub them and have your contact fall out so that you have to run upstairs to put it in solution and put on your glasses. Yeah, don't do that. The stems were still really good, but the tops were quite crispy. I will definitely be trying this again and more attention will be paid. I'm only considering this a partial failure because I did still eat all of mine. I can tell it's going to be so good next time!

UPDATE: It works! Well, I got it to work. And it really is fantastic and now one of my favorite ways to eat one of my favorite vegetables.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...