Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Wings

This is the second appetizer I made for Aaron's fancy-things-that-he-likes dinner, again inspired by Real Simple (the original recipe is here). I'm not usually really into chicken wings, but these were fantastic and made all the better by the addition of toasted sesame seeds. We've recently both become obsessed with toasted sesame seed oil because it makes stir frys and fried rice just that much better, so I was stoked when I saw toasted sesame seeds at Fred Meyer's. Be careful on the time with this one. I came really close to burning them, but fortunately did not. They are crispy and delicious and might change my mind about chicken wings in general.

Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Wings slightly modified from Real Simple:

Serves 2-4

8 chicken wings
¼ c. island soyaki
Toasted sesame seeds

Heat grill. Grill wings over medium-low heat, covered, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes. I opened up the grill around 22 and it was good that I did because they were starting to burn. They really do need to be turned and moved around as most grills don't heat evenly.


Brush with island soyaki sauce during the last 5 minutes of grilling. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve.

These were really, really good, but Aaron did come up with a great suggestion, which is to toss the wings in more sauce after they grill and then add the toasted sesame seeds. I think that this is a great idea and I look forward to trying it again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...