Thursday, September 08, 2011

Things I Love Thursday: Sept. 8, 2011

(thanks Amy!)
Rosa Parks' Uncovered 'Featherlite' Peanut Butter Pancakes: Rosa Parks was an incredible woman. You should know this as an American and as a person. What I bet you didn't know is that she had a penchant for peanut butter in pancakes. This is cooking and history: two things I love reading about!

Great Day Makers: I love when I feel like I'm slightly ahead of the "oh, isn't this cool" curve. Yes and Yes is one of my favorite blogs and she recently posted about the awesome separated cereal bowl I mentioned in a TILT post in July as well as the shark tea infuser I posted about last year.  You should really read the rest of it though as she includes Sky Mall-esque toasters that print messages and mustache mugs.
Simpsons Inspired Meals: These are disgusting and hilarious and a must read for any fan of the show. Thanks Lisa for the heads up on this one!

Baguette Vending Machine Debuts in France: I could use one of these. A lot. This is weird and amazing.
(thanks Renai!)
Kids Cook Too: I love Awful Library Books and this one is a gem. Want to read bits of a 1957 Betty Crocker cookbook for kids? You know I did! I love looking at food photography from the 50s and 60s as well. Everything looks unappetizing.

In more modern kids in the world of food, check out digger obsessed cutlery. You know the here comes the airplane, but what about here comes the backhoe?

And in even more kid related news, want to know how to eat your first birthday cake? The answer is with your hands and make a huge mess. And be adorable. Speaking of first birthdays and things that are beyond adorable, my friend Eva's daughter Nixie just turned one and she had an amazing Yo Gabba Gabba cake at her birthday.
(full post here)
I'm also loving: sweet potato fries with that amazing dipping sauce at Mint; different combos of fro-yo; stir-fry after yoga; peaches with ice cream all the time; BBQs with buds on a lazy Sunday; honey sesame almonds for life; "Arug-u-la. It's a veg-e-ta-ble."; Emergen-C after a stupid run in stupid 90 degree heat. Which is stupid.; chain food that doesn't suck; family dinners with Aaron and Corey; the last of the summer seasonals; tomatoes like whoa; happy hours.

What are you loving this week?  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...