Thursday, July 14, 2011

Things I Love Thursday: June 14, 2011

The International Association of Culinary Professionals 2011 Award Winners and Finalists: This is my must-read-after-grad-school list. The Culinary Ephemera book sounds so interesting. I love reading and I love food. Good combination or great combination?

Bees Invade Sun Gold Farm: Okay, I'm not going to lie, I am still a little afraid of bees, but I do recognize the important work that they do so we can eat good food. Save the bees because I like produce! And people enjoy eating, or so I've heard.

Hosting a Bacon Tasting: Yup, this is a real thing. I always love the idea of getting people together for the purposes of food and since bacon destroyed my will to not eat red meat 4 years ago, I really like this idea. I also love all the snacks and companion fare they prepared so it wasn't just time to eat more bacon (like that's actually a problem).
Longer-Lasting Whipped Cream? Try Manufacturing Cream: When I first read that headline, my thought was "gross", but as it turns out manufacturing just has higher fat content than heavy whipping cream. Make those picnic pies last longer! If I can find it, you know I'll try it.

Best Office Memo Ever: If you've ever worked in an office before, you know how people get the snack'ems and how much candy is eaten in a week (answer: a lot). I love everything Jessie Oleson posts (and I've met her a few times too!). The best things are her tweets and posts about the sweetness in everyday life. And, if you're in Seattle, check out her shop. It's pretty darn sweet. 
Obol Solves the Soggy Cereal Syndrome: When Kirst was over the other night, we were talking about corn flakes and how awesome they are and how quickly they get soggy, ruining their awesomeness. Well, no more! Now there's the Ooma bowl for the perfect milk (or if you're me, fake milk) to cereal bite. This is the way to eat all those cereals you love that decide to just dissolve before you're done. How can anyone make it a part of a complete breakfast without this bowl?

20 Incredible Cake Structures: I look at Cake Wrecks all the time, so it's nice to see cakes done really, really well (to be fair, Cake Wrecks does to Sunday Sweets and I have seen some of these cakes on there). I love the DnD one, but who doesn't love WALL-e?
(don't you have this problem? Stupid hair)
I'm also loving: kombucha ALL THE TIME; humongous plates of nachos; plans for homework help turning into making dinner and drinks; grilling, especially asparagus; self serve fro-yo being everywhere; free stuff (like hummus!) at the Mississippi Street Fair this year; pre-dinner breadsticks; bookmarking many of the same recipes as Renai without realizing it (because we love alike); did I mention I love kombucha?; a variety of burgers; going for ice cream and getting sorbet instead because how can you not want Ruby Jewel's pineapple ginger?; "sweet sweet lemonade"; always plotting dinner plans; actually catching up on my recipe backlog for the blog; how big my plants are getting (new garlic crop yo!); pizza all day long even when it's hot out.

What are you loving this week?  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...