Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Balsamic Vinaigrette with Grilled Salad

I love salad and I eat it all the time. It got a lot easier when Aaron discovered how much he loves balsamic. As much as I love salad, I do basically the same thing every time. I decided to go slightly out of the box with this one and make a dressing and grill some veggies.

Balsamic Vinaigrette with Grilled Salad:

For the vinaigrette-
¼ c. balsamic
2 garlic cloves, minced
10 small sprigs lemon thyme
Fresh ground pepper and salt to taste
Juice for ½ lemon
¼ c. extra virgin olive oil

For the salad-
Arugula
Lettuce (romaine, butter, red leaf)
Broccoli
Carrots
Green onion
Peppers

To make the vinaigrette, mix all of the ingredients together until well blended. Set aside.
For the salad, grill the broccoli, carrots, green onion, and peppers until slightly charred. Add the grilled veggies to a salad bowl with arugula and lettuce. Toss in vinaigrette. I added goat cheese and cherry tomatoes to mine.

It’s a quick and easy way to jazz up your salad.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...