Friday, September 23, 2011

Guacamole

Okay, so there are a million guacamole recipes out there. This one isn’t anything really new, but I just had so much fun making this with my mortar and pestle (the traditional way), that I had to share. Whenever I make guac, I use some of it on whatever else I’ve made, but mostly I eat it with chips. This batch was no different.

Guacamole:

1 ripe Haas avocado
2 garlic cloves, minced
Lime juice, to taste
Salt, to taste
Smoked sea salt, to taste
Mash your avocado with your mortar and pestle until very creamy. Mix in lime juice until tangy and a bit of salt. Finish with smoked sea salt.

I think the smoked sea salt adds a new, interesting flavor. Getting a perfect avocado makes all the difference as you want it to be super creamy. Try it out. I got my smoked sea salt at Trader Joe’s

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...