Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Roasted Carrots with Balsamic

I need to remember to write things down. Right now I’m looking at the pictures and I am struggling to remember what I actually did. It was tasty though. Clearly I like roasting things, as evidenced here, here, here, and here. And in some other, not roasted named files I’m sure.

Anyway, I was trying to get myself back into the cooking groove and wanted to do something quickly. I love roasted veggies and at the time carrots were the only really roast ready veggie I had in the house and they were baby carrots at that. I love baby carrots. I will tear through half a bag without even realizing it. So good. I also love balsamic vinegar. So that’s how we get this:

Roasted Carrots with Balsamic:

2 big handfuls of baby carrots or a few regular carrots
Kosher salt
Ground black pepper
Olive oil
Balsamic vinegar





Cut the baby carrots in half or peel the regular carrots and cut them into about that size. Toss with a bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper until all of the carrots are coated in oil. Place in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes. Add some generous lashings of balsamic and bake for another 3-5 minutes, until most of the extra vinegar has evaporated. Let cool slightly and go at it.

I loved this. It makes for a great side or snack. I’d go a little easier on the balsamic next time, but it was still quite delicious. Just eyeball the ingredients to your preferences and you’ll be golden!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...