Monday, December 06, 2010

Honey-Roasted Sweet Potatoes

I love sweet potatoes. I love when Burgerville has their sweet potato fries. Actually, I love it when you can find sweet potato fries everywhere. The best part of this? Aaron now is into sweet potatoes, meaning we will get to experiment a lot more with them at home. I've never made sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving before, but I knew I didn't want to dress them up too much. So the search began.

I'm a huge Serious Eats fan. You might have noticed from how often I talk about them in my Things I Love Thursday posts. Much of what ended up in my very long list of possible Thanksgiving dishes was from them. When I came across this one, I knew I had a winner. They're healthy and they play well with everything else at the table. Way to go, sweet potato!

Honey-Roasted Sweet Potatoes from Serious Eats:

Serves 4-6

2 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
2 Tb. honey
2 Tb. olive oil
1 tsp. lemon juice
½ tsp. salt

Adjust oven rack to lower middle position and preheat oven to 350°F. Place sweet potatoes in 9x13-inch baking dish.

In small bowl, whisk together honey, olive oil, and lemon juice. Pour over sweet potatoes and stir to coat. Sprinkle with salt. Bake for 60 minutes or until tender, stirring every 15-20 minutes to evenly distribute glaze. This worked out really well because my sister-in-law was basting the turkey at about the same time increments, so she just did it for me and we didn't let out any extra heat from the oven. I think that's called synergy.



I ended up serving these at room temperature because the oven ran out of room when I was reheating items. However, they were still very, very delicious and I know I'll make them again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...