Monday, March 14, 2011

Happy Pi Day!

Do you like math? How about pie? If you like one or the other (or both!), then today is the day for you. It's the celebration of the mathematical constant pi (π), which is often represented in it's shorter version 3.14. That's today! If I had planned further ahead, I would have made a pie today. As it is, I'm going to round up the  awesome pie recipes that I've posted in this blog.
  •  In my very first pie post, back in old 2008, I made my very first apple pie and my very second pumpkin pie. Though I'm still not a pie pro, it's fun to look back at my pie early days. Plus, they were both delicious.
  • Remember way back in the day when I was really into savory pies? I still am! I had forgotten all about this Broccoli-Cheddar Pie (I mean, 2009 was such a long time ago in internet years). The crispy grated potato crust was amazing and it would be so much easier to do now that I have a food processor!
  • Just a short time later, I banged out another savory pie, this time with an actual pie crust. Just looking at the pictures from the Spinach-Ricotta Pie makes me want to make it again.
  • Not all of my savory pies were successes. Shortly after getting my food processor, I attempted this Potato Onion Broccoli Cheddar Pie, which though not fantastic, was a good first attempt. And now in 2011 I'm reminded that it was a first attempt and I should give it another try.
  • Last spring brought this Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie to fruition (haha! I'm so punny!) and now that spring is coming this pie may need to happen again.
  • Rosh Hashanah is a celebration of life and last year I decided to do that with traditional apples and honey in a brand new tart (which is basically pie, in my opinion) that I made up. Sweet, sweet memories.
  • Also from last fall, this OMG so good Roasted Pumpkin Pie made its debut at my Thanksgiving table and I still dream about it.
Apparently all of my future plans, after going through these recipes, involve making pie. What are your favorite pies? Where do you like to go to get pie? 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...