Thursday, October 07, 2010

Things I Love Thursday: Oct. 7, 2010

It's been awhile! With school and lately, head colds and stressed-induced illness, I've been busy and not really loving things other than sleep. And football. Anyway, on to the stuff!

Skull Spoons by Tom Sale (aka Pinky Diablo)

PostCarden: What a nice way to say hello! Especially now with fall in full effect, it would be nice to get a greeting full of future greenery. I think it'd also be a great way to welcome spring.

Nanotech tea bag creates safe drinking water: It's cheap and it works! It's not quite ready for mass production, but the technology is there and that's amazing. Safe drinking water should be available to everyone and it's something that I, as an American, often take for granted.

Boomerang Wok: As someone who often makes gigantic messes when making stir-fry, I am so stoked that this exists! Plus, it just looks really cool.

 
Colorful Jello by Brett Bara (with a how-to video!)

Drinking Milk Helps Stop Garlic Breath: If you love garlic as much as I do, you know this is good news. Though I can't drink milk, knowing more about high fat content and garlic breath is certainly helpful. My other solution? Hiding away from everyone or making my friend come over and eat super potent pesto with me so we all have garlic breath!
Meet & Eat: Ted Allen: Two things I love - Ted Allen and Chopped. I was so pleased with the results of the Chopped Champions series (my favorite person won!) and I just love Ted Allen. He's a food geek and I love his outfits on the show. He's definitely on my list of who I'd love to have a dinner party with.

The Egg-Bot Kit: I've never been into decorating Easter eggs, but if I had this, I might be! Look how cool it is!

 


Corn Refiners Want High-Fructose Corn Syrup Name Change: I don't love this and I'm sure you've all heard about it by now, but the Corn Refiners Association wants to change HFCS to corn sugar. Like that makes a difference! I guess what I do love about it is that they are so desperate to keep this awful product in EVERYTHING that they want to change the name.

CARTopia, Portland's Foot Care Revolution: It wouldn't be a TILT post without me talking about food carts. It's a book all about how Portland became a land of such awesome food carts. If you love cart food as much as I do, you'll check out this book.

 

I'm also loving: "Put potato chips on your sandwich!" - Liz Lemon (I wholeheartedly agree); nachos of a ridiculous size for happy hour; being stumped by "would you rather give up garlic or cheese?"; soup, soup soup, especially from Savor and especially when brought to me by Aaron; pita sandwiches after dancing the night away; unexpected brunch buffets (as a kid, I thought brunch was always a buffet. I didn't learn differently until I was much older. It should always be a buffet); Emergen-C (I have raspberry and tangerine at home, but have recently fallen in love with tropical, which I first had after Bridge to Brews this year); ramen bowls; cornbread on thick soup (I'm sick, so I'm into soup right now!); making old recipes new; popcorn covered in garlic salt.

What are you loving this week? 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...