Thursday, October 28, 2010

Things I Love Thursday, Halloween Edition: Oct. 28, 2010

 
 It's almost Halloween! Even though I have class this weekend (boo!), I'm still in the spirit. Plus, I'm super stoked right now because a giant group project I've been working on has been finalized. Yes!

Now, on to the love, Halloween style!

Skull Cake Pan: Though the post is pre-Halloween, since it's now that time, just think of how appropriate a cake this would be. My weekend is super packed and I didn't think about this ahead of time, but man, that would be one rad Halloween cake. Maybe next year?

The Return of Stickman #1214: I love webcomics in general, but this one really cracks me up. Donuts are delicious, but I don't think I'd rob anyone to get some.

(uhm, I love Star Wars. A lot. I want this in my life so badly!)

Serious Eats is knocking it out of the park this Halloween. They've had a lot of really great posts recently, made a disgustingly awesome Halloween candy pizza (see below), discussed the best and worst of Halloween candy, told people how to have a zombie dinner party (I know some friends who might enjoy this one), and in general seem to be having far too much fun.
(superhero cakes and costumes rock!)
Good Food News in Portland!: Pine State Biscuits near my house will be open late, which will be awesome after an epic Halloween night out. And the people love our pie. Yes!

The History of Trick or Treating: The always fabulous CakeSpy gives us a bit of history about why we hand out candy to masked strange children. 


I'm also loving: fun size candies frozen in the freezer (I learned this great trick from my mom, who always took a Halloween "tax" from my brother and me, probably to put up with our sugar crazed selves, and put them in the freezer for later. Best!); pumpkin flavored everything, especially smoothies from Burgerville; honey crisp apples that are so good, I almost eat the core; the return of Taco Tuesdays; Aaron making wonderful dinners for a school-stressed me; "make me cheeseburger dip!"; the Thanksgiving plotting getting better and better; "I'll be over on Friday for leftovers!"; roasted peppers; roasted veggies in general; soup in a bread bowl; the farmer's market with all the leaves falling down (soooo romantic!); rediscovering my love for Mounds; Aaron picking out amazing pears; fall fruit forever!

What are you loving this week? 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...