Monday, September 28, 2009

Homemade Pasta with Pesto

I could use a thousand excuses for not posting, like grad school and working overtime, but they are just excuses. I do love you, dear food blog, and I intend to keep posting. Give me time and I will get back into the rhythm of posting all of my food love.



So let’s get into it! I made this forever and a day ago, but it was quite, quite, quite tasty. The pasta recipe is from the back of the Bob’s Red Mill bag and I did it just like Carrina did back in this post. The pesto recipe (yes, I know, even MORE pesto) is wonderful and I can’t tell you what it is. It’s something my parents made and I am not allowed to share it. Believe me when I tell you that it is delicious and the brightest green pesto I have ever seen.





Homemade Pasta with Pesto:

Serves two with leftovers

¾ c. semolina flour
¾ c. all-purpose white flour
½ tsp. salt (optional, which I did use)
2 eggs
2 Tb. water
2 Tb. olive oil
Pesto
Parmesan cheese







Combine flour and salt. Add beaten eggs, water, and oil. Mix to make a stiff dough. Knead 10 minutes or until dough is elastic. Wrap dough in towel or place in plastic bag and let rest 20 minutes. On a lightly floured surface, roll out to desired thickness and cut as desired. I had a lot of difficulty with this part. Mine ended up being a bit thicker than I had intended. It would just involve flattening, flattening, flattening. Or buying a pasta machine. It does look kind of look like the continent of Europe though.



Bring large pot of water to a boil and add pasta and cook until tender. Toss in a bit of pesto and stir. Top with parmesan cheese. Eat and love it. Even if you don’t know the super secret recipe.

1 comment:

Carrina said...

Gadzooks, I've been LINKED! Yummy yum yum! We had pasta with pesto tonight. It wasn't pretty green like yours, though! Your plant looks nice and flourish-y.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...