Monday, December 21, 2009

Hot Toddy

Something magical happened to me recently. I started liking whisk(e)y. Mostly bourbon, actually, but also other whisk(e)ys. Anyway, this means that some drinks are even more wonderful. It used to be that hot toddies were the only way I could stomach whiskey. Now I love them just that much more and even though it stopped being ridiculously cold out here in Portland, I had to have one this past weekend. I am fortunate enough to have fantastic friends and one of them came up for Thanksgiving and left a bottle of Maker’s Mark. And that’s how I got my hot toddy, which is doubled from the original recipe I found here.

Hot Toddy from drinkstreet.com:

Makes one fantastic beverage

3 oz. whiskey
2 oz. honey
2/3 oz. lemon juice
6 oz. hot water (or tea, if you feel like it)



Stir honey and lemon juice into hot water, allow it to cool slightly, and add the whiskey. Garnish with a cinnamon stick. Enjoy and be warm.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...