Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Ginger Crinkles

This was the very last thing made for the baking extravaganza super awesome holiday plates. I have to say that the whole day was quite the success. Baking with Corey was definitely fun and I think we will have to do it again.

These ginger cookies are phenomenal! Seriously, so good. Yes, it’s The Fiddlehead Cookbook again! These cookies were recommended to me by my friend’s mom after she tried my Mexican cookies. I am so glad to have gotten that recommendation because of how delicious these are.

Ginger Crinkles from The Fiddlehead Cookbook:

Makes about 36 cookies

½ lb. butter
1¾ c. granulated sugar
1 egg
1/3 c. molasses
2¾ c. unbleached white flour
1¼ tsp. baking soda
1¾ tsp. cinnamon
1¾ tsp. powdered ginger
½ tsp. salt
1/3 c. granulated sugar

Heat oven to 350 degrees and arrange racks so they are evenly spaced.

In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and 1¾ cups sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and molasses.

In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, spices, and salt. Carefully stir flour mixture into butter mixture.

Form dough into walnut-size balls, dip in the 1/3 cup sugar (there will be leftover sugar) and place on an ungreased cookie sheet, sugar side up. Bake for 12 to 13 minutes. If you like these cookies soft in the center (which I do and so do most of the people I have discussed this with. Yes, I have cookie discussions.), remove from oven when cookie is puffed, very light golden brown, and cracked on top. If you prefer crisp ginger cookies (which I suppose is your prerogative, even if it’s crazy), bake 2 to 3 minutes more, until puffed cookie has fallen and is golden brown.



Remove from oven and allow cookies to rest for 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheet. Cool on racks.

So good! I had a hard time not eating all of them before they hit the plates. I made most of them on the chewier (read: better) side and some on the crunchier side because I am nice like that and will help those weird, crunchy cookie lovers. Anyway, I recommend these cookies up and down. You should make them!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...