Thursday, March 05, 2009

Parmesan-Romano Croutons

I figured since I was talking about homemade croutons in my last post about vegetable chowder, I should mention how to make them. It’s very simple and a great way to use stale bread. Plus, everyone will think you’re fancy because you made your own croutons. It’s awesome!

Here’s what I do:

A bunch of bread, cut into cubes (I used no-knead last time)
¼ Parmesan Reggiano and Pecorino Romano, grated
Herbs if you feel like it (oregano, basil, rosemary are all good)
Olive oil

Heat oven to 400 degrees.



Toss cubes with olive oil and cheese or just sprinkle both over cubes on a baking sheet on all sides. Bake for about 5 minutes. Keep an eye on them as they can go from crunchy delicious to totally burnt in a short period of time.

Also, eat these quickly. They can get too tough and chewy within a few days.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...