Saturday, February 07, 2009

Notes from All Over

The GRE is done and I am happy. I'll try to get back into posting new stuff more regularly now that I am not studying all the time. Tastespotting has been giving me lots of good ideas and I have a ton of stuff bookmarked that I want to try. Plus, Aaron made a great dinner tonight that I will have to post.

Here's a bit of what's been going on:

-The pumpernickel bread makes great french toast. The cocoa flavor is still very pronounced, but it works well this way.
-The scones are great with herbs. I used a bunch of fresh parsley chopped, dried oregano, basil, and rosemary. If I do it again with dried, I'll cut back a bit on each. I'd rather do it with fresh herbs though. So much better. These are great with cream cheese!
-Keeping working that bread, even if it's being annoying. I had bread just not rise the other day, so now it's cracker bread. Still tasty, just flat.

I'll be back soon with more tasties. Now it's time to celebrate being done with that test with some delicious Portland beer.

1 comment:

Carrina said...

I loved the "delicious Portland beer" link! I was not expecting that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...