Thursday, February 10, 2011

Things I Love Thursday: Feb. 10, 2011

(this was just too cute to not include. I'm not going to eat it. I promise.)
White House Homebrew: What don't I love about this? Honey ale? Check. Honey ale made from your own honey? Check. Honey ale made from your own honey at the WHITE HOUSE? Super check. The picture accompanying the article is also just awesome. Far better than the ones you see in that awful Budweiser commerical (Does it still taste awful? Yup. Well, ship it out!).

While we're on the subject of beer commericals, you should give this next link a read.Beer Commercials Are Not Stupid: An interesting analysis about why Bud and Coors ads are the way they are. And why the new Pepsi Max commercials are dumb.

And speaking of diet soda, my friend Patrice has an awesome post on The Fantastic Mr. Feedbag about giving up on diet soda and how just stinking awful it is. PS: If you're not following her blog, you should be.


Food Network Comment Trolling: Oh my goodness, read this! And you'll be craving Rachel Ray's late night bacon. Or how to make pineapple wedges. I'll give you a hint: it involves a pineapple.

Three More Interesting Ways to Cook Kale: I have been on a kale kick lately. I can't get enough of the stuff. And though I do love just cooking it with garlic and olive oil, it's fun to change things up. The coconut one sound particularly amazing.

Cheeseburger Dip: When this recipe came up in my reader, I was floored. Not based on the recipe itself, but the name. Every once in awhile (and by that I mean like twice), Aaron and I have made bacon cheeseburger dip, which involves adding beef and bacon (or it could be turkey) to my chile con queso dip. Which, I have just realized, I have never posted. Well, that's going on the docket! Anyway, cheeseburger dip is delicious and a lot more hearty than other dips. It also works well in other forms, like mixed in with rice.

(thanks Kirsten!)
Broccoli Fights Cancer: This is the best news ever! Do you know how much broccoli I eat? It has been my favorite vegetable for years. Sure, I like dark leafy greens and some much else in the produce aisle, but what do I always get every time I buy groceries? Broccoli. Time to eat up everyone!

 Magical Decorated Cakes: I'm a huge fan of Cake Wrecks (thanks Carrina!) and library stuff and this seems like a perfect combination of the two. Will someone please make me that cake?



I'm also loving: extra goodies at my Super Bowl party and also being stuffed from eating various dips and veggies all day (and Green Bay winning); re-purposing food, mostly with rice; how awesome spinach looks when you cook it down with garlic and cumin; Bananas Foster ice cream (it tastes the same! and it's ridiculously good); cookie compliments; a few sips of lemon-lime soda after a hard workout (it's just what I crave); the super supportive and growing blog community around me; convincing other people how wonderful garlic is; spreading the love of microbrews; pita chips with everything; pummelos for life.

What are you loving this week? 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...