Sunday, February 13, 2011

Go Pack Go Lemon Lime Cheesecake

Think about Wisconsin. Go ahead, I’ll wait. Did you think of cheese? I know I did. So when it became clear that the Green Bay Packers were going to be in the Super Bowl, it was easy to come up with a dessert. Last year I did mini blueberry cheesecakes for the Colts because they’re blue and white. This year, I modified that recipe because cheese? Wisconsin. Adding green and yellow was easy: lemon and lime.

Go Pack Go Lemon Lime Cheesecakes modified from The New Moosewood Cookbook:

Makes 12 tart cheesecakes

Cheesecake recipe minus lemon juice and lemon rind
2 tsp. lemon rind
2 tsp. lime rind
Juice from 1 lemon
Juice from 1 lime

Make the cheesecakes (using liners this time!). Chill for at least 12 hours. Eat and cheer for football!
These were awesome and super tart. I’d probably use a little less citrus next time and make sure I used enough butter in the crust (it was very crumbly), but overall these are an awesome modified version of an awesome cheesecake recipe. Playing around with cheesecake is fun and I highly recommend this one.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...