Thursday, January 20, 2011

Things I Love Thursday: Jan. 20, 2011

It's a wonderful and wacky world of food out there folks. I hope you're all having a great week and are eating well.


Beer Does a Body Good?: I like basically everything about this. Beer plus exercise plus a Mediterranean  diet. Yes, yes, and also yes! It's science that I enjoy.

Whiskey Now Comes in a Can: And in the complete opposite direction from the above beer study, the world now has whiskey...in a can. This just screams bad idea. If you watch SNL, this might sound an awful lot like when they had Jason Sudeikis be the creator of Four Loko and how he told everyone they were drinking it wrong. You drink it by the serving size!

Chocolate Cupcakes with Flaming Strawberries: Uhm, yum? And beautiful. Also, doesn't flaming strawberries sound like a band name?

(yes, I love Star Wars. I think that should be pretty obvious by now)

Romanian Birds Died from "Binge Drinking": Along the lines of funny headline for a not-so-funny thing, at least this wasn't avian flu. Wine is delicious and I guess those birds just didn't know when to stop indulging.

Food Trend Predicition - Finger Limes: I have never even heard of these before, but I want one right now! They look amazing and now I am probably going to spend far too much time and effort trying to find them.

Fast Food Ads versus Reality: This is really fascinating. Though I don't eat a lot of fast food, it's interesting to see how far reality is from advertisement. It reminds me a lot of when I was in home ec in the 7th grade and we were shown a video about how much work goes into fast food advertising. It is still very, very true.


Lemonbasil has a few awesome photo posts of Oregon in the fall. Deep in the depths of this weird Portland winter, it's just nice looking at fall again. Right now I'm staring at a bunch of fog and sad trees. If you're missing pretty days too, check out this one and this one. It might make you happier.

Hass Avocado Board Press Release: "Football fans are expected to consume an estimated 69.6 million pounds of Hass avocados during Big Game festivities, as announced today by the Hass Avocado Board (HAB). That's enough to cover Dallas' Cowboys Stadium® football field (which will be hosting the Big Game on February 6), end zone to end zone, 26.9 feet deep in avocados." - Hass Avocado Board. Yes, this is true. And man, do I love avocados. And guacamole. I am looking forward to contributing to the large number of avocados eaten on Super Bowl Sunday!

And speaking of guacamole, how about cheese dip? Back in October, North Little Rock, AR had their first World Championship Cheese Dip Competetion. Oh man, to have been a judge? Heaven!


(I'm obsessed with sea otters and today just seemed like a good day to post this. It's eating ice! Yes! As an aside, my dog loves eating ice too. I think I just like cute things eating ice.)

I'm also loving: Apizza Scholls (my mouth is full of garlic and I don't care!); Mama Lisa making more popcorn every time the bowl runs out at Classic Movie Night; waffles, waffles, and even more waffles; peanut butter on pancakes; taco night with Aaron; pumpkin seeds; ordering nachos and Kirsten saying "of course"; spicy bloody marys; Super Bowl planning; finding even more soup recipes and even better, soup recipes finding me; finally organizing my overflowing personal cookbook; getting free lunch with Adam; conversations about restaurants at work that are always punctuated by "sooo good!"; finding out that there's food that Anthony Bourdain WON'T eat; "Always start out with a larger pot than what you think you need." - Julia Child.

What are you loving this week? 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...