Thursday, February 11, 2010

Things I Love Thursday: Feb. 11, 2010


Beer is good for you! Well, sorta. The silicon in beer is good for your bones, which is great news because I do love beer. The downside of this is that IPAs are the best for you (not really a fan) and wheat based beers the least. Guess my favorite just isn’t cutting it when helping out my bones. Oh well, cheers!

New Heinz ketchup packets: This has been all over the internet lately. New packets for easier dunking, I suppose. I’m not sure I’m on board with this as I have many fond memories of jumping on the old packets and squirting my friends with ketchup. I just love how much internet buzz this is getting.

Not something I love, but I did find this very interesting and you should read this. The real cost of Coke: I’m not a big cola drinker and when I do, it’s generally the store version because it’s cheaper and I can’t tell the difference. The full article (here) has more to do with Coca-Cola’s problems in general, but the bit about how expensive it is to drink Coke in general is ridiculous.


When was tofu on the top of the food chain? Bacon stuff is so overdone, but this is still cute.

Farm on former freeway: This is amazing! These people are really dedicated to urban farming and even though this may not end up being a permanent farm, it’s definitely a springboard for others to take up urban farming.

Uhm, yes!

Moose!

Eat Pray Love: I know, welcome to 2006 Becca. I’ve had this book on hold at the library for some time now and just got it a few days ago. I’ve already torn through the Eat part and loved every second of it. Sure, most people can’t get a years’ worth of traveling paid for and Elizabeth Gilbert’s experiences are just that, hers, but still, it’s amazing. It’s a lifelong dream of mine to get to Italy and just eat. I will make this happen someday.

Foodscapes: You’ll never look at your food the same way again. I’d love to live in a broccoli forest! These are so beautiful and it’s all food.


I’m also loving: Pita chips; a thousand uses for leftovers; oregano all over my pizza (like at the Laurelhurst); deep, dark corners at happy hours with pseudo-Communist art and friends; giving away baked goods; replacing given-away baked goods because someone dropped it on the ground (also known as turning a frown upside-down); along with that, the smiles on your friends faces when they bite into something you made; Tillamook’s Vintage White Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese; whiskey sours

What are you loving this week?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...