Thursday, February 18, 2010

Creamy Artichoke Dip

Honestly, I’m not sure how I haven’t blogged about this before. My mom sent me this recipe ages ago and though I don’t make it all the time, I’ve definitely made it since starting this blog. You’ll have to forgive me because this dip is just that good. I made a double recipe of the one below and the leftovers are not going to waste. I promise.

Creamy Artichoke Dip:

Yields about 1½ cups

8 oz. softened cream cheese
2 oz. artichoke hearts
1/3 c. freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 Tb. chopped parsley (I usually just add however much I think will taste good)
½ tsp. salt or to taste
½ tsp. freshly ground pepper or to taste
¼ tsp. lemon zest or to taste (always more!)
1-2 garlic cloves or to taste (You might guess that my taste is around 3)

In a food processor, pulse garlic until finely chopped. Add parsley and repeat. Add lemon zest and repeat.

Remove all ingredients from the work bowl, set aside, and clean bowl.



Cream the cream cheese in work bowl. Add artichoke hearts and pulse until well blended, but still chunky. Add parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and the garlic mixture. Pulse a few more times until all blended.

I am in love with this dip. We had it, at Super Bowl, with pita chips, salt and pepper potato chips, and veggies. Since then, I’ve been snacking on it like crazy, put it on a sandwich, and Aaron mixed it in with some penne and chicken sausages. It’s tangy and fantastic. And so easy!



Like I said, sorry for not sharing it before! Try it now, you’ll love it! Plus, then you can take fancy pictures with it. The reason for this is two-fold: one, I wanted a better shot of the dip itself, not across the table and two, I have a new camera! Yay! No more 2002 digital camera pictures! I’m really excited about this and will hopefully use that excitement to take lots of pictures of lots of new things.



I’m also including the mini-calzones we had with everything else. They weren’t as mini as I would have liked, but they are fairly small. And tasty! There weren’t any left at the end of the evening.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...