Monday, May 09, 2011

Broiled Grapefruit

Today I'm flying to Belfast to visit my friend Corey. She's been living in Northern Ireland since February and I miss her like crazy! Okay, so today I'm flying there and tomorrow I'll be there and then take a bus actually into Belfast and then take a couch (bus) to Enniskillen. So I likely won't be posting for the next 10 days. Before I go, here's a Corey recipe that I did and never posted from January when she was doing a 30 day no processed food challenge. It's perfect for today too.

Broiled Grapefruit from Corey:

Serves 1

Medium size grapefruit, cut in half
½ Tb. raw honey

Place grapefruit halves in an oven safe deep dish. Pour honey on the halves. Put in oven under the broiler setting and cook until honey starts to sizzle, about 5 minutes.

This is a rad breakfast because it still has the tang of the grapefruit, but is a little sweeter. And could it be any easier? Corey recommends eating some almond or peanut butter to fill out your morning meal. Watch her video. It’s cute.

And see you all later! I will be filling myself with home cooked meals, Guinness, whiskey, potatoes, gossip, and the beauty of Northern Ireland.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...