Saturday, May 09, 2009

Cilantro Pesto

This post will perhaps make me look a bit obsessed with a certain sauce. Yes, dear readers, it’s yet another pesto recipe (other iterations seen here and here). However, this is one I made up myself! It came about when I realized the bunch of cilantro I had was starting to look sad (ugh, did I just rhyme?). So off to the mini prep food processor it was (someday I’ll have a regular size one. Someday. *wistful sigh*) Anyway…

I didn’t measure anything, as usual, so here’s just a rough estimation of what I did:

A bunch of cilantro, minus the stems
A handful of pine nuts, toasted (as seen here)
2 garlic cloves, minced
6 roasted garlic cloves (as seen here-ish)
Zest from one lime
Juice from one lime plus a bit more (I love lime!)
Olive oil

Blend up your garlic and cilantro. Toss in the pine nuts and blend together. Add the lime zest and lime juice and blend. Add the roasted garlic and blend. Then add olive oil slowly until you reach your desired consistency. I probably used about ½ of a cup, but I’m not sure.



It is delicious! It’s definitely different from the other pestos I’ve made. Because of the heavier use of roasted garlic over fresh garlic, this has a much milder, smoother taste to it. Plus, the roasted garlic adds a nice, creamy texture. Lime and cilantro are also natural partners. I can’t wait to put this on everything!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...