Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Mississippi Street Fair

This year I went to the Mississippi Street Fair on N. Mississippi Ave and it was amazing. Mississippi isn't too far from me, about 20 minutes walking, and is full of great food and cool shops. There was food, music, vendors, booze, and a ton of people, yet it didn't seem too crowded. This was such a gorgeous day and a nice welcome back to Portland for me.







And of course there was amazing food. This is pineapple-jalapeño ice cream from Fifty Licks
. Yes, pineapple and jalapeño. There were chunks of jalapeño in there, but it wasn't overwhelming. It was sweet and spicy and so perfect.

Not all of the food was fantastic though. There were a bunch of BBQ carts, but this was clearly not the greatest one.


However, this was amazing. This is a Spicy Thai peanut butter sandwich from a new cart on NW 23rd, PBJ's Grilled. It was amazing. You can't see our faces very well (because Corey was making a dorky one), but we are thoroughly enjoying this. It's challah bread (good challah. And I know my challah), orange marmalade, sriracha, fresh basil, curry, and peanut butter. Holy crap! so good! It's sweet and spicy (kind of my thing at the fair, I guess) and the peanut butter is just perfect. I can't wait to try some of the other ones, like the Betty or Cream of the Crop.

Overall, it was a great time and I'm looking forward to next year where I can try crazy new foods and enjoy a celebration of my almost-neighborhood.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...