Thursday, April 28, 2011

Things I Love Thursday: Apr. 28, 2011

It's been awhile! I've got a pile of love, so let's get to it!
American Cookery - Magazines Ads from 1939: I have Turner to thank for this one. These are hilarious and fascinating. I love the outfits the women are wearing.

I Scream, You Scream - In the other old things department, check out this awesome collection of vintage photographs of people eating ice cream. I love the one with the fancy ice cream flipping into the cup. Get warm Portland! I want a picture of me eating ice cream outside that becomes vintage someday.

Museum of Food and Drink Butt-kick Kick-off Lunch: Look at the food! The variety of presentations just blow my mind! Plus, there's a museum of food and drink! Plus, gorgeous fried artichokes. Seriously though, I am so happy that this place is coming into fruition because I agree: food is culture.
Widmer Brothers Unveils a New Look: My very favorite Portland beer has a new label - and I think it looks pretty great. I especially like how they are focusing on how each beer should be enjoyed. Like the chart above makes clear, certain beers are best in certain types of glasses. In favor of full disclosure, I do enjoy a number of Widmer beers by the bottle. I still love it, no matter where I get it.

Hopworks Beer Daily Specials: In other awesome beer news, HUB posts their daily specials and beers on their website! Now I want go there more than ever and I didn't even need another reason. Have you had their lager? It's ridiculous!

Coffee Joulies - Keep Your Coffee or Tea Hot for Hours: These are amazing and I want them! And so do you. Sometimes you just want to sip on your tea (or coffee if you sip that way), but then it goes from too hot to perfect to meh and you're only half way done. Enter these amazing, amazing things. They're a bit spendy, but seem like the could be very worth it.
Bacon Cologne: Because this needed to exist. Obviously.

I'm Not a Battery: D Cell salt and pepper shakers. A salt and battery? Get it? See also: pepper spray. I think these look really cool and it's a fun way to keep track of how much salt and pepper you have left. Plus you can make puns, so you know, there's that.

Everyday Objects Come Alive: Cookies sweeping up crumbs. Ice cubes working out. Cheese tied to rail road tracks. These awesome pictures of food as alive are just fun to look at. Thanks Kirsten for sharing this one. I think my absolute favorite is the Crime Scene. Or maybe Pick Him.
I'm also loving: plum sake; free birthday drinks (duh!); $1 PBR pints and $5 food at Under Wonder; anticipation of birthday dinners cooked by Kirst; actual birthday dinner at Toro Bravo (I'm still thinking about it! Paella and olive oil and grilled raab!); getting tons of baking stuff for my birthday (Thanks Mom and Aaron and Jamie!); RT @cakespy "FACT: I am currently listening to "Punk Rock Girl" by the Dead Milkmen on continuous loop, & drawing unicorns and cupcakes and rainbows." and also "The Hemingway Cookbook (as in Ernest) has only 2 cake recipes, but 54 alcoholic drink recipes."; Farmers Market every Saturday because spinach and honey crisp apples and rainbow chard make the world go 'round; Oreos and Top Model with Jamie; savory pies.

What are you loving this week? 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...