Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Spicy Turkey Burgers

When I’m super hungry, I need to make something fast or I will try to eat the entire fridge. Fortunately I had enough peace of mind last night to not do that and instead made spicy turkey burgers. I had about ¾ lb. ground turkey left over from the Pad Khee Mao and put it to use. As far as dressing it goes, you can do whatever you want. I used lettuce, pickles, some of my mom’s Kickin’ Ketchup, Dijon mustard and a bit of Cajun mayo left over from a recent dinner at Russell Street BBQ (so good! And I don’t even like barbecue sauce).

I wanted to make it interesting, so I added garlic (duh) and some random herbs and such to make it spicier.

I know Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I’ll be having some turkey (I’m much more of a sides girl though), but I love the taste of ground turkey. It works so well with so many things.

Here’s what I did:

Yield: 2 burgers

¾ lb. ground turkey
½ c. coarsely grated white cheddar cheese
3 cloves garlic, pressed
1 tsp. oregano
2 tsp. chili powder
1 Tb. red pepper flakes
2 tsp. olive oil
Buns, toasted

In a small bowl, mix ground turkey, ¼ c. cheese, garlic and spices. Form into two balls and flatten into patties.

Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Place patties in hot oil. Cook on each side for about 3-4 minutes, until cooked through. Just before done, cover patties in remaining cheese.





Place burgers on toasted buns and dress to your liking. I served mine with steamed broccoli and a couple small red baked potatoes. Obviously fries work well too. These were nice and not too spicy, but enough kick. Using some Cajun spice would’ve been a nice addition.

Tomorrow will be my Thanksgiving special. And by special I mean I’ll post the pies I made.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...