Sunday, January 11, 2009

Pummelo

This one isn’t actually about cooking or even garlic. It’s to proclaim my undying love to my very favorite fruit, the pummelo. If you’ve never heard of it before, check out this article. (I love you wikipedia). It’s like a grapefruit, but bigger and sweeter. I don’t have them very often, but I always am so very happy when I do. I never cook with it either. It never goes into fruit salad. I never experiment. I just eat it standing up in the kitchen. Winter is a great time for citrus and this is my very favorite kind of citrus.

The pummelo is part of why I wanted to do this blog. I wanted to share my love of food and although this isn’t cooking, I really do love this fruit. Go find it and eat it. You’ll be happy you did.

2 comments:

Carrina said...

Agghh!! I didn't notice that you blogged on the pummelo! I've always wondered, but never dared... but with your recommendation, I will pick one up sometime soon. How do I eat it?? Like a grapefruit? Anything fun I can do with it??

Becca said...

I always cut it in half and then peel open every individual piece. I have absolutely no idea what to do with it except just eat it, but I bet it'd make a great addition to fruit salad or something like that. I'm always just too greedy to do anything but eat it in the kitchen by itself.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...